I feel that 'Just Go With It' is one of the funniest movies of 2011, although I do have a few feminist issues towards it.
The movie is pretty much summed up by saying that Danny(Adam Sandler) is a rich plastic surgeon, who because of previous relationships, uses his fake 'marraige' to get girls, when it all suddenly goes to his disadvantage because he finds Palmer, who didn't know about it. His Assistant Katherine(Jennifer Aniston) pretends to be his wife to convince Palmer that they are getting a 'divorce' so that Palmer will date him. In the meantime, Katherine and Danny realise their love for one another and so ditch Palmer and get together.
If you are not sure what movie I am talking about, there is a link below that gives a bit more detail.
One big issue that I have with this movie is the fact that Danny is very average looking, yet he gets Palmer, who is this tall, beautiful blonde girl and no one would see them as a couple. The only other thing that Danny has going for him is the money that he is making through him being a plastic surgeon. So immediately people assume that if you have a lot of money you can get any girl. This is backed up by the end of the film when Katherine realises he 'feelings' for him and then Danny blows off Palmer for Katherine.
Palmer and Danny were portrayed as a couple that really cared about each other, but when Palmer gets dumped she is not that worried about it and continues with her life, backing up the original thought of women wanting Danny for the money that he was making.
Even though I have a big problem with the stereotypical women values in this film, I still really enjoy this film and encourage you to watch it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564367/
No comments:
Post a Comment